Monday, March 14, 2011

Oscar Fashion!

Now I know this post is very late because the Oscars happen a long time ago but I'm just finally getting around to quickly posting my favourite outfits of the night.

BEST DRESSED:
Reese Witherspoon
This was my favourite look of the night! It reminded me a lot of the dress Julia Roberts wore when she won the Oscar.  I love her hair the most! Here Reese is wearing a Giorgio Armani PrivĂ© dress with Neil Lane gorgeous emerald earrings! I love the barbie look so much!

Celine Dion
Wowza! She looks amazing especially for just having twins. I love this Giorgio Armani Privé dress! It makes up for the time she wore the backwards tux! Plus her dress when she sang also looked amazing!

Gwyneth Paltrow
I'm usually not a big fan of hers on the red carpet but I really love this Calvin Klein Collection dress in a liquid metallic. Also I like the added Louis Vuitton jewlz and belt she added. Favourite part is the dropped neckline!

Natalie Portman
This is by far my favourite look of hers from all the main red carpets this year.  I wasn't a big fan of the dresses from the Globes or the SAG's but I really like this Rodarte dress detailed with Swarovski Crystals and Jimmy Choo shoes! I love it when pregnant people dress sexy!


WORST DRESS:

Marisa Tomei
This is probably my pick for worst look of the night. This Charles James dress is a mess. It makes her look much bigger than she is. She has an amazing figure but you can't tell with this dress. The bust is the wrong fit and way to high. And her hair looks choppy and bad.

Nicole Kidman
Oh Nicole! She looked so good at the Grammy's but she failed to impress in this Dior dress. She looked so amazing last year too. I expect so much more from her especially since I made her best dress of the month of February. Her necklace though is amazing! It's a rare 19th century diamond Riviere from Fred Leighton. It's a beautiful necklace.

Cate Blanchett 
This Givenchy Couture dress is either a hit or miss with people. It's a haut couture look that I don't really like. When I first saw it I thought the colours together looked like Easter. I'm not a big fan of the dress I think all the details make it too busy.

Jennifer Hudson
Jennifer looks amazing since joining Weight Watchers and I love that she is living a happy healthy health but when you lose weight especially in the boob area it can look bad depending what you wear. The colour looks amazing but I do not like the top of the dress because I feel like her boobs are on display and from certain angles her boobs looked flat. It ruined the look for me.

BEST HAIR:
Reese Witherspoon

BEST NECKLACE:
Nicole Kidman

BEST EARRINGS:
ReeseWitherspoon

BEST COUPLE: 
Jeff Bridges with his wife, Susan Geston and 3 daughters and son-in-law! So cute!

BEST LOOK FROM NON ACTOR:
Maria Menounos TV host of Access Hollywood
She looks amazing! When I saw her interview someone on the red carpet I fell in love with this one shoulder Johanna Johnson dress. I love how it's sexy and dramatic. It's a toss up between her dress and Reese's dress for my favourite look of the night. 
Plus look at her bracelet, Gorgeous! I love how it attaches to her finger, it contrasts well against the black sleeve. My pick for BEST BRACELET!

And there you have it! Those are my picks for the Best and Worst from the 2011 Oscars!  A little late but better late than never!

Don't forget to check out my YouTube videos! 


-KARRAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment