Thursday, March 24, 2011

5 Hottest Spring Hairstyles!



It's officially Spring time which means new trends!!! I've been searching a lot on what the main hair trends would be for this Spring and so many websites list so many different styles that seem to always be in trend.  Out of all of trends I'm going to talk to you about 5 hairstyles that I kept seeing on every website.  Stay tuned for some new YouTube video's on some of these hottest Spring hair trends!


1. Beachy Waves
Although it seems like this hairstyle is always in trend (which it is) it is one of the hottest looks hitting the runway this Spring.  The beach waves is an effortless, minimalist, messy look that looks so good. I love having beach waves, it's really easy to achieve and it looks great! Plus there are so many different ways of doing a wave you can do a different beach wave in your hair everyday! There are so many celebs who support this look I could almost name you all of Hollywood. (Picture: Below: Julia Roberts, Left: Kate Hudson, Right: Gisele Bundchen)
YOUTUBE:
Wavy Hair With A 3 Barrel Waver: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f1I4Tdrkpo
Wavy Hair With A Diffuser: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxtuAEBZSbg
Wavy Hair With A Straightener: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwvvWrFQNWI




                         



2. Va Va VOLUME!!!
Big Hair Is In!!!! Well doesn't it seem like big hair has been in for a few years now, either way it's in again this Spring. Big hair was spotted all over the runway and I can tell you from personal experience a hairstyle doesn't seem quite finished until you tease it a little! "Everything that is old is new" is the slogan I like to use. The clothes and hairstyles that my mom wore back in the day is back now and in style!  I think adding a little volume to your hair makes it look great but I'm not talking Amy Winehouse volume.  It's one thing for models on the runway and celebs doing the big big BIG hair look but runway shows are always out there.  So when I said volume I mean a little tease not like you've been electrocuted!  (Picture: Below: Drew Barrymore, Left: Kate Beckinsale, Right: Scarlett Johansson)
YOUTUBE:
How To Create Volume: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ-59iGbJf0






3. Extreme Side Part
I've been noticing that a lot of younger teenagers are wearing their hair with an extreme side part then swooping over the bangs. (FYI: swooping hair/bangs was a trend I found I thought I would add it to this trend) I know that if you have side swept bangs you automatically have a side part but these parts that I've been seeing on the runway are really far parts like almost near your ear. The pro's of doing an extreme side part is that you are gaining a lot of volume by directing the hair over to the other side. I also love the look of a side part and middle ponytail. Keep an eye out for this new hot trend. (Below: Anne Hathaway, Left: Sienna Miller, Right: Models Spring 2011 Carolina Herrera, Gucci and Louis Vuitton)

4. Buns and Ponytails:
Buns and Ponytails have been forever! I know that when I'm having a bad hair day I like to throw my hair back in a messy bun or high ponytail.  But the look for spring is sleek ponytail! It doesn't matter where it's positioned it's all about the sleek style.  High ponytails, low ponytails and right in the middle of the head ponytails have been showing up on the runway. You can easily achieve two ''in'' looks by teasing at the crown then putting your hair in a  low ponytail you get the volume and ponytail in 1 look.  Also buns we're everywhere on the runway too! Any style of bun you want it's in! I really like the messy bun on top of the head on a lazy day but low buns are really in this spring. You can make it more elegant with a high ballerina bun or dress is down with a low messy bun. (Sarah Jessica Parker, Kate Bosworth, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Emma Roberts)









And Ponytails
Jennifer Aniston: One of my all time  favourite looks. Sleek parted middle ponytail and her hair is wraped around the elastic to hide it. Looks amazing and falls under 2 hot spring trends (ponytail and side part)



                                  Above: Jessica Simpson with a low ponytail
        Below: Reese Witherspoon with a high ponytail I LOVE this barbie doll look!



5. Braids:
Braids have becoming very popular the past few years since the bohemian style has been worn throughout Hollywood. Almost every celebrity has worn a type of braid in their hair. What's so great about braids is that they are very versatile. You can do a different style of braid everyday for a very long time. You can wear your braids down or up, french or dutch, fish tail or rope. It seems that messier braids are more in style than very clean defined braids. I love a braided hairstyle.  I don't think this trend will ever leave.
YOUTUBE: Check out my braided headband: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0xVDMOvNm4

Jennifer Aniston- French Braid 












Above: Jessica Alba Braided Bun
    Below: Blake Lively messy braid/rope braid 




 Fish Tail Braids (Rihanna, Kim K, Angela Simmons)



There you have the 5 Hottest Spring Hair Trends!


-Karrah!

No comments:

Post a Comment