Saturday, April 2, 2011

March 2011 Magazine Covers!!

Hi Everyone! Well I usually do the best look and worst look of the month but I thought I would change it up for the month of March.  Instead of doing the hottest look and hottest mess I'm going to show my favourite and not so favourite march 2011 magazine covers! I looked at covers of magazine from all over the world and picked what I thought was a hot magazine cover and a hot mess cover!  Majority of these magazine's came out before March but magazines come out the month before the dated month, if this makes any sense!! PURPLE text are my favourite looks and BLUE is not my favourite look!

HIGH FASHION LOOK:

Gisele Bundchen
Gisele is on the cover of VOGUE Turkey and she looks amazing. Everything about her screams high fashion. This is what I expect a cover of a fashion magazine to look like especially a Vogue. The low v-cut jumper is beautiful on her and the red lips and red belt adds the extra glamour.

Leighton Meister
Leighton is on the cover of L'OFFCIEL Lithuania. Compared to the Vogue cover of Gisele this cover just falls short.  It doesn't scream high fashion to me. she looks unimpressed and not happy. Her face is blank and she's sitting in a weird position. Not my favourite
 

Diane Kruger and Karl Lagerfeld
Diane and Uncle Karl are on the cover of Glamour Mazagine France. Diane Kruger is beautiful but having Karl Lagerfeld on the cover with her with his back to camera and just staring at her while she's looking into the camera smiling is creepy. He's just staring at her. I don't see why he's in the frame, it just makes it creepy.

TEEN/YOUNG ADULT MAGAZINES:

Miranda Cosgrove
Miranda is on the cover of SEVENTEEN Magazine USA. She is so sweet and innocent and looks beautiful on this cover.  She looks like a girl who should be on the cover of Seventeen Magazine. Her hair and jewelry and clothes look great.
 

Leighton Meister
Leighton on the cover of SEVENTEEN Magazine Malaysia. I hate to pick on Leighton since she has been branching out lately in public trying to wear different styles and this cover isn't bad actually. I just don't like the busy top and necklaces and big blown out hair. The reason I don't like the blown out hair is because it's a close up and I find it looks weird. But she looks happy on this cover which is great but the colour of her lipstick and top are just too much.

 Kate Bosworth
Kate on the cover of Nylon Magazine USA. Oh boy, Kate is known as a sweet nice girl like Miranda but this look just screams cheap and dirty. It's something about a mesh shirt, double belts and off the shoulder knit sweater. It doesn't look good together. To me, it looks like she is trying to hard. She's trying to be edgy with the braid and messy hair and different edgy clothes but it comes off as looking bad and trashy. Not my favourite look from this beautiful girl!

CLOSE UP:

Jennifer Aniston
Jennifer is on the cover of Glamour Magazine Greece. There is no doubt that Jen is beautiful and gorgeous but I really like this close up on her. She just looks flawless. This is the cover that guys will drool over and girls will wish they look like that. She looks a little more edgy than usually with a smokier eye but still has the soft look with the swooped hair.

Gwyneth Paltrow
Gwyneth is on the cover of HARPER'S BAZAAR Magazine United Kingdom. Gwyn looks amazing on this close up cover. She is more edgy with a smoky eye and hair blown in her face. I saw her on the cover of InStyle and she had the minimal plain makeup that she usually does but this cover is very different. She looks sexy on this cover.

Victoria Beckham
Victoria is on the cover of ALLURE Magazine USA. This is the final look of the close up covers. Victoria looks so soft and beautiful on this cover. The way the light hits her face and hair just make her face look soft and innocent. It's a very different look than the usual 'Posh' look she gives in public. I really like this cover, it makes me want to read the article and see what she has to say since she looks so nice on the cover.

SEXY COVERS:

Cheryl Cole
Cheryl is on the cover of COSMO Germany. Cheryl I find is one of the most gorgeous girls out there. She has amazing hair, smile, dimples and fashion sense. But on this cover she just fails to impress. Her dress isn't sexy its frumpy and covering her curves. When I think of Cosmo I think of tight dresses that show off the shape of the celeb. This dress just doesn't do that. It's so many different textures that its too busy and takes away from her looks.


Sofia Vergara
Sofia is on the cover of SHAPE Magazine USA. Sofia is known to be sexy so there is no surprise that she makes the list of looking sexy on Shape magazine. But what I like about this cover is that she isn't flaunting her boobs everywhere. A lot of times they are exposed but that isn't the case. She is surprisingly covered up yet looks so sexy. She looks happy and confident and that is what radiates sexiness. Plus I love the colour and cut outs on her waist!


Sara Ramirez
Sara is on the cover of LATINA Magazine USA. This to me is so so so beautiful. Sara looks amazing on this cover. She isn't afraid to show off her curves and she should show them off more often. She looks AMAZING! It reminds me of a twist on old Hollywood glamour. The lingerie is old glamour and the grey button up cardigan makes the look more modern. Just love this cover! Every girl has curves and should not be afraid to show it. Sara is a true role model!


I hope you enjoyed these covers! Just a little twist on the usual best and worst look of the month. 

-Karrah!

No comments:

Post a Comment