Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Best and Worst Look of April!

Hi Everyone!

It's that time again, the best and worst look of the month of April already! I feel as though I just posted on the best and worst magazine covers of March.  This month I decided to stick to the original format of picking out my favourite celebrity look and well the biggest hot mess look of the month.  I was going to do post something different like I did last month with the magazine covers but as I was searching through celebrity appearances pictures I came across Helen Mirren or should I say Dame Helen who looked so freakin' fantastic!!!   I thought I had picked out my best dressed star a few weeks ago but today I found Helen at the premiere of Arthur and I knew that she was the best dressed of the month. I didn't have to look at any other picture. I saved it and now I'm here writing about how amazing she looks.


Helen Mirren: Seriously she looks so GOOOOOD!!! I can't believe it, maybe it's because I love leopard print. My mom has everything in leopard so I learned to love the print also but here Helen just looks so bad ass. She's a wearing a long flowing Dolce & Gabana dress but the silouette to this dress is beautiful, it fits her so well and makes her look stunning.  Plus that leather jacket make take the look from flowy and soft to modern and rocker. I love the hair off the face to give it more of an edgy look and the diamond hooped earrings add to the rocker vibe. And well the cuffs on the jacket are leopard too and that just rocks! She is up there on my favourite look of the year! 


Honorable mention Minka Kelly: This was the look I was going to pick for the best look of April until I saw Helen Mirren but I think this is such a cute spring dress. I love the neck line on her and how it flares out at the waste. Plus this animal print looks so good on her. I like how she paired it with a simple nude shoe because the dress is bold and the best thing to do is pair the look with a simple heel. And looking at the other shoes in the picture her shoes are killer!


Hot Mess Look 


The hot mess look goes to Kira Knightly. I have two different picture of her this month and I know she does have a different style but I have seen her wear beautiful clothes and look great but this month she was far from mark. 

Here the look isn't as bad as the second look from her because she does have nice pieces like the jean jacket. I love the jean jacket I think it would look great paired with leggings and longer tight shirt but with this flowy no shape dress it doesn't work. It looks too bulky. The dress just falls and doesn't have a shape and the boots just add to the bulkyness of the look and the big boho bag.


This is my pick for the worst look of April. Kira is wearing a design by Rodarte. I don't even know what to say about this look. The saying that a picture speaks 1000 words should sum up this look. It's like little orphan Annie meets the Partridge Family.  The shape, colour, pattern and texture is all wrong. I wouldn't even hang this as curtains in my room. And the colour is so similar to hers so it completely washes her out and well the shape isn't even there and the ruffles do nothing. I really can't explain how unflattering this look is. I would just have to say look at the picture and you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. 


This months favourite colour and perfect spring dress:

I think Gwyneth Paltrow looks hot here. Her hair is slightly curled/wavy and that is very in this spring! Her makeup is fresh and simple and the dress is just amazing on her. It fits her like a glove. The only thing is that silk is very unforgiving so if you need to have a great figure like Gwyn does to pull off this look. But why this is a great spring choice is the bold vibrant colour. I love yellow and this yellow screams sunshine and happy which is perfect to get our moods out of the winter blues and the rainy spring time. I like the t-shirt style dress, it says sexy without saying trashy and well her shoes look awesome. It still has a feel of a boot but with an open top and toe makes it a great look for spring!


-KARRAH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment