Saturday, April 30, 2011

FYI: Sale at Sears and a little mascara talk!

Hi Everyone!

This post is mostly for my Canadian readers! I love the mascara from Clinique, the high impact mascara to be exact.  My mom got a little test tube that last quite a long time though from one of the Clinique gift bags that you get for free after you spend so much money.  I really loved the mascara but I've always been one to use pharmacy brand mascara.  I've been using the Cover Girl Volume Exact (comes in a red tube) for years now but I thought I would try a new mascara.  The only problem with Clinique is that the mascara cost like $26. So I decided I could wait a few months until Sears has their sale with Clinique products where you spend $26.50 and you get a free gift bag with a 7day scrub, a moisturizer, an eye makeup palette, a lipstick, a little trail mascara, a cute makeup bag and probably a few other things.  This month the Clinique makeup and face products are finally on sale after I've waited for months! The extra gift bag is a retail value of $70.  Since I said I could wait I find it's totally worth waiting so I can get the free gift bag (even though I won't use majority of things in it! haha).

The only thing I hate about these sales is that they make it $26.50 before taxes and majority of the lipstick, mascara, eyeshadow and so on cost $26 and under so you have to go find something else that is just as expensive to buy with your original purchase so you can get the free gift.  Like I said I think, although I'm not 100% certain that my mascara I want to get cost $26 but you have to spend $26.50 to get the gift which means I need to pick up a lip gloss or lipstick for like $12-16 to get the gift.  At the end of the day is it worth it?  I guess it depends what you want and how much is cost. I'm just hoping that my mascara cost $26.50+ so I don't have to get another product.

I would be highly disappointed if I waited a few months for the sale to happen and the mascara is only $26 which would make .50cents short of the minimum requirement.  Then I would have to look at what free gifts I would be getting and if it's worth it or should I head back to the pharmacy and try out a new mascara for $6.  Which may very well be the case since I have coupons to save $1-3 on CoverGirl, L'Oreal and Maybeline mascara!


But I thought I would share with all of you who are near a Sears and like Clinique products that they have a sale going on where if you spend $26.50 or more you get a free gift valued at $70!! Also if you spend so much you get a free $20 gift card for your next Clinique purchase.  I'm only looking for mascara but I know many people love the Clinique face wash line and acne wash line also!

-KARRAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment