Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My Favourite Makeup Products

I added a few products that I basically can't live without.  These are makeup products that I think are the best out there and use on my face. I've finally found products that are amazing and work really good.

I use Proactiv for my face wash. My face gets really dry in the winter so I always put on the Oil Free Moisturizer with SPF 15 even if I don't wear makeup.  What I like about it for the summer is that it's oil free and doesn't leave my face feeling greasy and oily. 



I like to use the Elizabeth Arden Good Morning Skin Serum over top of my moisturizer. This serum makes your face feel smooth, awake and great.  There is just something about this that makes you feel like you are glowing.


This is colour correcting primer from Pur Minerals. I don't necessarily use this everyday, it depends if I have big black circles under my eyes or not. But it comes in three different colours natural, peach and green. Each colour deals with different problems such as green for acne, red spots and uneven skin where as the peach is for age spots, black circles and freckles.  I have the peach colour, it does a great job to add a little light under the eyes. 

This is my FAVOURITE product I've ever had! I cannot live without this. I use to have concealers, pressed powder, loose powder, cover up, everything.  Now all I need is this one little makeup compact.  It is the Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Pressed Powder with SPF 15. It has many different shades, I use the Golden Medium. The product doesn't have any harsh chemicals, alcohol and fragrance free just like any Pur Minerals products. This powder makes your face look amazing, gives your face an airbrush finish. A+!!!

This is the Pur Minerals chisel brush that you are suppose to use when applying the 4-in-1 pressed powder. The brush is amazing and gets in all the rough and crevasses on your skin. To apply the powder you dip the brush in the powder, draw circles in the lid of the compact then apply in a downwards stroke. The brush helps give your face the airbrushed look.



This is the Pur Minerals Universal Marble Mineral Powder, this is the bronzer, that I apply on my cheeks and T-Zone. It's nice to sweep over the face to give a little colour or apply a little heavier in the summertime on the cheeks for the sun  kissed look.


This is the Pur Minerals Universal Marble Mineral Power in pink. I use this for a blush. You can apply this all over your face for a rosy look but because I like applying the bronzer over my face I apply the pink powder on the apples of my cheek. It gives a nice light pink when you apply a little or a brighter pink when applying more.


This is the Pur Radiance Pressed Mineral Powder. This powder gives you a glowing look. You apply it all over your face and goes on clear. The minerals that are in the powder work with the light and gives your skin the glowing look when the light reflects off of it.


When I really get in the mood to apply makeup and spend time on my eyes I like to use this Sephora Collection Blockbuster Box.  It has over 98 eye shadows, 6 cream eye shadows, 70 lip glosses, 3 lip liners, 3 eyeliners, 1 mascara and 4 applicators. What's really nice about this makeup palette is that it closes up into a tiny little classic Sephora Box. You cannot go wrong with this makeup palette. You can find it online for much cheaper than in stores. I got mine on Amazon.com



If I am in rush and don't have time to apply any eye shadow I like to put a bit of white shimmer in the corner of my eyes. It makes you look more awake and gives a little sparkle to eyes. It doesn't much time so if you only have time to do one thing to your eyes then I like putting this Cover Girl Eye Enhancers Eye Shadow in Snow Blossom.

 I am always on the search for a good mascara. I find it's all in the brush. If you go to stores like Sephora or M.A.C they give you the tester mascara brush to try all of their mascara's but you can't get a good sense of how well the mascara is unless you are using the brush it comes with. The mascara I am using right now is Cover Girl Volume Exact Mascara in Very Black.


I try to use the Proactiv Skin Care everyday and the Oil Free SPF 15 Moisturizer from Proactiv everyday if I wear makeup or not. I apply it before I put anything else on my skin.  Then I like to apply the Elizabeth Arden Good Morning Skin Serum over top of the moisturizer.  If I am in a rush I always make time for the Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Pressed Powder applying it with the chisel brush and the Cover Girl white eye shadow in the corner of my eyes with a little mascara.  If I have more time I like to apply the Pur Minerals bronzer all over my face especially on the T-Zone and then put the Pink powder on the apples of my cheeks.  If you are going to event like a wedding or graduation the Pur Radiance Pressed Mineral Powder keeps your face looking fresh, glowing and oil free.

The only products I like to use on my face are from Pur Minerals. The products are all oil free, not tested on aminals, doesn't contain harsh chemicals and doesn't contain fragrance or alcohol.  The products can be a little pricey but it is all worth it. The products last a very long time because you do not need to use a lot. 

Also what you can do is buy the starter kit.  The compacts are travel size but you get the 4-in-1 pressed powder, 1 solid bronzer, 1 pink pressed powder and a chisel brush.

www.purminerals.com  is the website for Pur Minerals
http://www.purminerals.com/Pur-Mineral-Makeup-Starter-Kit   - This is the link for the Starter Kit

Also stay tuned because I'll be posting in the next few days a video on how to do a smokey eye for green eyes but can work with any eye colour.  I'll be using a dark purple, gold colours and light pink. I'll show you tips on how to apply the colours as well as using the products I just talked about in this post.

- Karrah!

No comments:

Post a Comment