Monday, February 7, 2011

My Favourite Hair Products

This is a list of hair products that I love! I'll show the products that I use every time I wash my hair and other products I use when either applying heat or wanting to get a specific look.  The products are in RED, the PRICE is in BLUE.   ** Sorry if the post is so long I wanted to include enough products to cover a wide range of hair types**



This is the Shampoo I use. It's from Dove and it's the Damage Therapy in Burst. It smells amazing like oranges. I really like it and it seems to be working really good. I use the Shampoo on the top of my head and not on my ends. Then with the Conditioner which is the same product as the Shampoo the Damage Therapy in Burst I like to really concentrate on my ends and then run it lightly on the top of my head. I don't like putting conditioner on my roots because it can make your hair oily. I keep the conditioner in my hair for a couple of minutes before rinsing. The shampoo and conditioner are around $4 each!
 



This is one of my favourite products!! I use it every time I shower even if I'm not blow drying my hair or styling it. This is from AG and it's called Fastfood Leave In Conditioner. It smells really good and after I brush my hair out after I wash it I take a little dollop maybe the size of a quarter and I rub it through my hair then apply it in my hair starting halfway down concentrating on the ends then running it through the top of my head, then I comb through.  This is good leave in conditioner! I think its important to use a leave in conditioner it helps nourish your hair. It's around $15 but well worth it!
 



This is Body Boost, root booster from Garnier Fructis. This is a gel spray that adds volume to your roots and hair.  I really like this product it's lightweight and doesn't make your hair feel stiff. If I want the big hair look I always use a root pump because then you don't have to tease/backcomb as much.  On damp hair I lift sections on my crown and spray directly on my roots and also I like to spray it from roots to half way up especially in the back of my head. It's really easy to use just keep taking sections where you want volume and spray.  Then I like to take a wide tooth comb and comb my hair our gently just so it's smooth when you blow dry it. This spray is really cheap too! I bought it at Walmart for less than $5. If you want to know how to blow dry your hair out to obtain maximum volume I will post my hair tips in a follow up blog as well show a tutorial on how I exactly do it!!!



This is another root pump spray. This is Big Sexy Hair Root Pump.  I was using this to get the volume until I started using the Garnier Fructis. I still really like this root pump but I would pick the Garnier for every day volume because it's very easy to comb through it. But if you have to go to a special event or want your hair to stay the whole night then I would use this root pump because it makes your hair stiffer. It sprays out white and can be a little scary seeing your hair covered in white. But I do the same steps as the Garnier. Lifting sections and spraying then combing lightly.  This product just makes your hair stiffer which is perfect when you need your hair to stay for an event. I bought this a while ago but you can buy for around $10.  If you want to know how to blow dry your hair out to obtain maximum volume I will post my hair tips in a follow up post and show a tutorial on how I do it!!!!




This is the hairspray I use. Some people like the really expensive hairspray but I really like this one. I like the nozzle on it. I do not like hairsprays that have pump nozzles (reference to the Garnier Fructis picture that's a pump nozzle). I find pump nozzles spritz your hair and can make your hair damp and doesn't give a good hold. The nozzle for this hairspray is like an aerosol spray. Anyways! This is from Alberto European in Mega Hold. This is a weather resistant 24/hr humidity protection. It doesn't smell bad either and works really well. It holds your hair in place without making it look stiff or scrunchy. This hairspray is really cheap for the quality. You can get this hairspray for around $4 from any pharmacy or department store.
 




This is Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Spray Gel.  When I want to have fast easy wavy hair I use this gel spray.  Many people use mousse to get the wavy look but I think this gel spray works even better. Before using this product I used mousse but it left my hair scrunchy and stiff. Then when Herbal Essences came out with their tousle me softly line I started using this gel spray not the mousse and have been using it ever since.  This product doesn't smell bad at all and it's not sticky. I can't stand using mousse and then your hands are sticky. This is really easy to use and works great.  You can buy this in majority of stores for around $5. In a follow up post I will explain all my hair tips including how I get wavy hair with my hair diffuser.
 





This is flat iron spray by Got2b. It's called Guardian Angel 425F Heat Protect.  When I want to use any heat on my hair I use this product.  I'm still trying out different products to find the best heat protection spray. I like this one, it smells good and works well. I like to spray my ends and spritz over the rest of the strand of hair then comb it through then run the straightener over it. I like to spray this strand by strand then I know my hair is being protected.  This product again is really cheap as are most of these products. I think hair care should be affordable especially with so many different products out there sometimes you pay for the name. I bought this from Walmart for $5 and I got a mini travel size and larger size.
 





This product is from Schwarzkopf Professionals. The product is called Osis Magic Gloss. This product is great! It's an anti-frizz serum and it doesn't make your hair feel oily. You can apply this product in damp hair before blow drying/styling to eliminate frizz but you can also apply this product after styling over your hair to eliminate frizzy's like a hair putty or pomade.  I like to use this product as a styling serum after I style my hair. Since it's very lightweight it won't keep your hair place like a putty or hairspray but it will add shine and eliminate frizz.  This is a professional product so it is a little more expensive but if you have frizzy hair then this is the product you need. I'm very lucky because I have straight not frizzy hair but I do use it to add shine and eliminate any frizzy's you get from styling.  My mom loves this product if she doesn't use this her hair is a giant frizz ball but with it it's completely tamed. This product cost me $15 which isn't that bad for a professional product. Plus you put only 1 little squirt and rub it through your palms. This product is the definition of a little goes a very very very long way!
 




This is a great product if you have fine or thin hair and want to have a thicker look. This is a Rusk Thickr Myst. This adds immediate thickness and volume. You let your hair towel dry and then spray the product throughout your entire hair. It will make your hair damp again and that's when you style your hair however you want.  It's important to let your hair towel dry or air dry because then your hair hasn't been introduced to any products or heat. This product makes your hair feel thicker and gives you volume. It's a good product if you want a temporary solution to thinning or fine hair.  Again this product is not that expensive I bought from a salon shop for around $8-10. I don't think you can find this product at a Walmart of pharmacy but you can go a hair and beauty store or hairdressers shop and find it.


This is from TRESemme professionals. It's called No Frizz Ultra Light Shine Spray.  I really like this product. I like to use this spray after I style my hair. I spritz just a little bit on the top of my head and then throughout my hair to add shine. The only thing is that you don't want to add too much because it can make your hair look greasy. But it really does add shine and it eliminates frizz. This product can be found almost anywhere for around $5 and under. 





This is the blow dryer I use. It's a Babyliss Pro. I love this blow dryer. It is ceramic infused which helps keep your hair looking healthy. There are two different settings for speed, Low and High. I always blow dry my hair on Low with the attachment nozzle you see in the picture. It helps concentrate the heat and direction of air. I only blow dry my hair with that nozzle. Then there are three settings for temperature, cold, low and high. I usually blow dry my hair on high because of time issues but if you have more time then drying your hair with a lower heat helps protect it. I have no idea how much this dryer cost because my mom bought it for me as a present but I think it is really worth it to get a good professional blow dryer. If you blow dry your hair daily or every second day it is important to have the best of the best. I know that whenever I style my hair I use my dryer. This dryer probably cost between $100-$200.  Look for a dryer that has the nozzles attachment and that is ceramic infused.  A little tip: After drying your hair blow your hair on cold with the dryer to stop the cuticles. This will add shine to your hair!





This is the diffuser nozzles for my hair dryer. I love this diffuser when I want wavy hair.  If your dryer doesn't come with one you can purchase one at a beauty store or salon for pretty cheap. It is really worth getting one if you have curly, wavy or want wavy hair. It eliminates the frizz and makes your hair look great without using many products.
 


This is the Conair Xtreme Instant Multisized Hot Rollers. Since my hair is straight it's hard to curl my hair and have the curl last the whole day.  First day I used the curlers my hair stayed curled all day, all night and the next day! Even after brushing the curl it never lost the original curl. I love these curlers. They heat up in 75 seconds it comes with 20 clips that fit the curlers perfectly and you can heat 3 clips at a time.  I'm going to write a review later on about these curlers and do a tutorial on how to apply them and how it turned out on my straight hair. I again got these as a gift but you can purchase them from basically anywhere I know they sell them at Walmart or online for around $40. Stay tuned for my post on this product!!


This is the straightener I have. It is a Babyliss Nano Titanium 1" Flat Iron.  This is an amazing straightener. Again I believe that you should pay good money for a straightener because cheaper flat irons night not be ceramic infused or have ionic technology.  This is another product that I will be writing a review for and showing a tutorial on the different styles you can do with your hair such as the proper way to straighten, how to achieve wavy hair and crimped hair and how to curl your hair with your flat iron! This product I must admit was a graduation gift but you can buy it from a salon shop for around $150-$200 or online for cheaper.





These are Velcro Curlers from Goody. They are good to put in your hair after drying it to achieve volume and want a wind blown out look to your hair. It adds volume and a little bounce. Always good to have. As you can see in the next picture I took a picture of the different sizes which is why I like this product so much is because you have a wide variety of sizes. This was really cheap too I bought for $10 at Walmart and it comes with 31 curlers!




This is the brush I use every day to brush through my hair. I have long hair and I like the paddle brush. These brushes are not expensive and can range from $5-$20 depending on the type and name brand you want.



This is a picture I took of my wide tooth comb. This is great if you have very tangly hair or after you curl your hair and want it to look softer a wide tooth comb will separate the curls without ruining the curl. This comb alternates between long and short. It was $5 and it's from Conair.
 


This is the boar bristle teasing/backcombing comb I have to tease my hair. Again if you use a root pump you won't have to tease as much and that won't damage your hair as much. I like this brush the boar bristles work great for teasing. I also like teasing with just a normal comb also. This brush was $4 from a beauty store.  The brush is made by Dannyco




This is one of the round brushes I have. I have many different sizes but this is the 53cm. It is from a company called Fi and it's the Gretchen brush. My mom bought this from a hair salon for around $20. It may seem expensive but you need a good quality round brush to eliminate frizz and add volume. Also if you have wavy or curly hair the safest way to get straight hair is with a round brush. This brush is a ceramic brush which compliments heat. 





These are the hair elastics I use, they are from Goody and they are called Ouchless because there is no metal so your hair doesn't get caught in it. They work really good and don't stretch out too much after using them. You can get a pack of 30 for around $2.50
 



These are the bobby pins I use. I love bobby pins. It can completely change your look and it's handy to have on you in case you are having a hair emergency. I love these Scunci No Slip Grip pins and I won't use any other product except these. They have inner grooves that help make the pin stay in place and they won't slip!! You can get a pack of 48 for $3 and change. I have the brown and black coloured pins.


Please stayed tuned for my follow up posts on how I use some of these products. I will explain in detail what I do and post a video tutorial showing you step by step.

Also I will have video tutorials on makeup using the products I talked about in my Favourite Makeup Products! Stay tuned for that too.


A Little Hair Tip for you: After I wash my hair I like to run it through cold water, this will help close the cuticle which adds shine to your hair and makes it easier to manage. I always run my hair under cold water even when I'm in the shower! Also I only wash my hair every second day or even every third day.  It is not healthy for your hair to wash it every day. If you have oily hair you should look into a dry shampoo or a powdered dry shampoo that will help absorbs some of the oil. 


I hope you  have a great hair day!
 -Karrah!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment