Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Grammy Fashion

A couple of days ago were the Grammys which means fashion, fashion, fashion! The Fashion is really different than those of the other award shows I did the best and worst looks on because the Grammy's are supposed to be fun and flirty. The fashion is different that's what we saw on Sunday. Lady Gaga showing up in an egg to Nicki Minaj wearing a leopard print outfit and bride of frankenstein hair. I expect those looks from them because they are different but there we're a few girls who I expected more from! Take a look below at my best and worst dressed.

BEST DRESSED

Jennifer Hudson:  Versace dress, Louboutin heels, Neil Lane jewelry. She looks amazing in this dress. She lost over 80lbs with Weight Watchers. The colour looks great and the little glitter adds a little shine. I like the super straight hair. It's very chic.


Jewel: One shoulder Pamela Roland dress in a soft yellow. Jewel is around 5 months pregnant and she looked stunning on Sunday. It's hard to see the baby bump from the angle especially with the drapery over the belly. But this is a very soft flowy gown and fits her great.


Jennifer Lopez: Emillio Pucci dress, Louboutin heels and Cartier Jewls. JLo looked great on Sunday which lately she's been spot on whenever I see her on TV. She is always dressed to impress on American Idol and shes becoming a major fashionista. I love her sparkle that she brings to the carpet. Not many celebs we're wearing glittz and sparkle but JLo didn't disappoint. I just wish she would have added a bright solid colour like a hot pink to break up the sparkle. The dress, shoes and clutch are all the same if she had a hot pink clutch it would have separated all the sparkle because it can be hard on the eye but if your like me and love sparkles then this look delivers.  


Kelly Osbourne: Tadashi Shoji dress and Alexander McQueen heels. Kelly O looked amazing at the Grammys. Lately she's been wearing daring and different looks but I really liked her look on Sunday. The one shoulder ruffled dress with a tight waistline fits her perfectly. She was the only one wearing the soft purple look which complimented her straight blonde hair. I really like the straight hair look on her which is different then the glamour curls she's been sporting lately. Plus how gorgeous are the McQueen heels.


Keri Hilson: Basil Soda dress. I think Keri looks great here. I love the colour with the subtle silver accents running through the dress which is paired with a silver gorgeous heels. The dress is short, flirty and fun. I really like the structure to the dress too its different without being over the top.


Nicole Kidman: Jean Paul Gaultier dress, Fred Leighton Vintage Jewls. Nicole lately has been looking pretty bad on the red carpet. She was on my worst dressed list for the Globes and SAG's but at the Grammys she made it to the best dressed list. She looks great in this tight Jean Paul Gaultier dress. JPG is a different daring designer and the floral print, slight ruffle and mermaid style dress is very flattering. Again this dress is perfect for the Grammys. Plus I lover her curly long hair, its soft and playful different from the ice queen look she sometimes comes off as.


WORST DRESSED:

 Amber Riley: Ema Savahl dress. The dress really isn't that bad but I find the metallic print and texture is too heavy for the short dress. What makes me not like this look is the gold shoulder piece. It's a different colour then the dress and is too much for the already busy print of the dress. It's too busy. I was expecting more from her since she looked great at the SAG awards. But she is becoming more of a fashionista!


Eva Longoria: Ashi dress, Brian Atwood heels. Oh Eva! Lately she has been missing the mark at the recent award shows. She's another star who has been on my worst dressed list for the Globes and the SAGs. This look is wrong. The ruffle top is too heavy for her petite frame and again another type of ruffle for the skirt. The top would have looked better paired with a high waisted tight skirt. But she's very petite and the ruffles and heavy design is too much. You can't see her shape in this dress. The dress is wearing her, she's not wearing the dress.


Kim Kardashian:  Kaufman Franco dress, Lorraine Schwartz jewls and Louboutin heels. Kim K is known to be a sex figure and I find her absolutely beautiful. She looks great in a heavy smokey eye or a soft nude look. However this sexy dress isn't cutting it for me. I love it when Kim wears something sexy but this bronze gold colour doesn't flatter her skin tone. What makes me upset is that she's everywhere on every red carpet or premiere and she always looks great except for bigger major red carpets. At the SAG's the look didn't work and again at the Grammys. I do love the nude Louboutin heels though!


Lea Michele: Emilio Pucci dress, Lorraine Schwartz jewls and Louboutin heels.  This look is too dark and heavy for Lea. The dresses ruffles and slit look weird. I don't like the way the slit is cut starting at the side coming into the middle. The ruffles in the slit give the position of the dress a weird look. Also the bigger shoulders which are very in right now doesn't have the full effect because her hair is down covering it, it would have looked better with a sleek tied up hairstyle.  When you have a dramatic shoulder you want to show it off and here she is hiding the structure of the dress.  The red lips also are too dark and I was sick and tired of seeing her pouty sexy face all night. She was trying too hard.


Ricky Martin: Armani jacket and dress shirt.  WOW! Are those silver leggings?! A couple of post down I talked about leggings being in this winter and showed a picture of Conan O'Brien wearing a pair of Jeggings for his show but I would have never expected to see someone voluntarily wear a pair to an award show. Ricky Martin has been everywhere lately and looking great but at the Grammys the pants are bad. From the waist up he looks hot but the waist down the silver leggings are bad especially tucked into the military boot.

ON THE FENCE:


Rihanna: Jean Paul Gaultier dress and Louboutin heels.  I'm on the fence about this dress. I love that it's daring which is what you expect to see on the red carpet at the Grammys. This dress defines Jean Paul Gaultier. As you can see this dress is more daring than the design that Nicole Kidman is wearing. I actually like the dress what's throwing me off is I think the hair. The hair looks too proper for the dress. I really like this fire red colour but I loved her hair big and curly and think this dress would have looked that much better with that hairstyle.

CUTEST LOOK:  
 Katy Perry showed up with her 90 year grandmother! Her Grammy as she called her, looks AMAZING for 90! But seriously how adorable is her blinged out cane. She's 90 years old with a pimp cane! So sexy! I want that cane real bad!!  Oh and Katy Perry is looking sexy





I found the Grammys to be alright, I was a little disappointed with some of the wins. I'm not a Beiber fan but he's sold so many albums and is actually talented and didn't win best new artist. I think the people in charge should consider everything when picking the winner, not just talent but success also. Also I wanted Katy Perry to win best Album because she's broken so many records and has hits like California Gurls, Teenage Dreams and Fireworks from the Album all instant hits and still are. Even if you are not a fan of her you have to admit her songs are very catchy!  I found the performances to be alright, nothing really stood out to me. I was expecting Lady Gaga to be amazing but I found the performance to be full of dancing and nothing out there like Elton John playing piano or a bloody Gaga flying. It was just mediocre. She danced the whole time, not explosions or surprises. It was just alright.


-Karrah!

No comments:

Post a Comment